Quest Expands Support for Data Backup and Recovery of Hybrid IT Environments with New NetVault Backup Release
|ALISO VIEJO, CALIF. -- May 15, 2018 – Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced the release of NetVault Backup 12.0, an enterprise backup and recovery solution that helps deliver predictive business continuity for the cloud era. Suited for even the most complex hybrid IT infrastructures, the new release of NetVault makes it easier for IT teams to deploy and manage enterprise data backup and recovery while ensuring the highest level of virtual server protection, storage performance, system security and control.
Key features and benefits new to NetVault 12.0 include:
- Scaled-up virtualization backup management: Enables VMware plug-ins to run on any available proxy, allowing users to back up virtual machines (VMs) with a single unified view, with the ability to scale to thousands of VMs. Additionally, it includes a heuristic algorithm that load balances backup jobs across multiple clients acting as backup proxies.
- Application-aware storage array snapshots: Perform significantly faster and easier backups with recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs) for even the most demanding business needs.
- Single sign-on: Allows users to log into NetVault using Active Directory credentials, and role-based access controls regulate what operations administrators can perform. A “push install” capability helps streamline updates and installs – a particularly valuable feature for large environments with hundreds of clients.
- Powerful catalog search: Advanced search capabilities enable fast, granular searches of backup indexes, including fast-search capabilities for metadata (such as name, mod date and type) and save-sets with offline indexes; all enabling faster restores.
- Best-of-breed usability: More intuitive, single-screen workflows - including a new comprehensive widget-based dashboard - and efficient navigation streamline ease of use for administrators.
|More info ...|
| Newest information about our services, partners and solutions is [here]|
|Software Engineering Center OÜ, Rannaniidu 12, |
13516 Tallinn, Estonia, Tel. +372 5014734